Monday, July 25, 2005

Taking a break

I'll be taking a break from the Project for a while, possibly until the next school holidays. I feel like my creative urge to get out there and photograph the side streets and alleyways has gone a bit stale. Lately, I can't help but think I've just been repeating myself with the types of photos that I've been taking. At the moment I feel like I should be out there taking photos when I don't really want to. I think I'd rather give the whole thing up completely than feel that way about the Project.

Of course, it could just be the weather...

3 comments:

mississagirl said...

Wow. Really?
I have only just discovered this site and love it to pieces. I left Adelaide two years ago and think that it is the most reflective of the Adelaide I know in a language (the visual) that I best understand. I also enjoyed looking at your first entries and noting development since then. Don’t let your self feel stale because you’re developing a personal style. :) Anyway, I know how you may feel etc, etc just wanted to note that the site rocks and I am telling my friends about it.
:)

zzymurgy said...

I love the site too. Wish my photographic eye was this good.

Alleyways are dark, grey and grimy already, so combined with the cold weather that could get you down quite easily. But in my opinion, alleys look their best in low light. That's what they're meant for.

I think this blog is ready for its own blog book.

phon said...

This blog totally rocks man, don't give up.

I'm in Sydney and I also love alleys. I started the alleyway Flickr group awhile back and it's going strong - 700 alley photos from around the world :) You should add a few of your Adelaide gems to the group!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/alleyways/